The 21/64 Virtual Approach training and ongoing peer network helps you acquire the personal skills, generational awareness, and technical tools to work more effectively with next-generation funders and multigenerational family enterprise clients with a particular emphasis on online facilitation.
In this training- delivered to you via live video sessions and small group breakouts- you will learn 21/64’s proven methodology for engaging individuals, families, and institutions at the intersection of values and governance. The program is specifically designed to help you more comfortably engage donors and clients in important and often complicated conversations, whether you are new to the field or a seasoned advisor adjusting to new modalities of engaging with clients.
Once you've completed the 21/64 Approach Training, you will become a 21/64 Certified Advisor, joining a global network of accredited professionals. You will also have the option of joining the 21/64 Learning Community with free access to continued skill building, next level trainings, the latest resources and tools, and more.
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
- Understand assumptions around family, wealth, and philanthropy
- Acquire fresh facilitation techniques for how to build engagement on-screen and off
- Apply group dynamics and group process skills
- Learn to facilitate 21/64 tools to have productive conversations on values, legacy, generational differences, and more
- Personal and professional development
- Acquire research and resources on engaging the next generation
- Interact in small groups and expand your network
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Philanthropic Advisors
- Community Foundation Professionals
- Investment Advisors, Private Bankers, and Estate Attorneys
- Family Office Professionals
- Foundation Directors
- Trustees who also staff their family philanthropy
BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
The 21/64 approach is practiced worldwide and is today considered a best practice in the field of philanthropy and multifamily enterprise. As a Certified Advisor, you’re telling people that you lead with values and are equipped with the tools and methodology to teach others. Benefits of certification include:
- Add “21/64 Certified Advisor” to your credentials (signatures, LinkedIn profile, bio, etc.)
- Receive discounts on advanced trainings
- Enjoy significant discounts on all tools
- Tap into a global network of professionals on our proprietary social platform, 21/64 Connect.
- Access to the 21/64 Learning Community (see below)
- Complimentary post-training "Welcome to the Community" call
- Access to our annual Certified Advisor gathering (virtual), along with “pop-up” events, and online community conversations for continued practice and skill building
- Receive resources and the latest articles and research
Monday, September 18, 2023 12:00pm - 3:00pm ET*
Tuesday, September 19, 2023 12:00pm - 3:00pm ET*
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 12:00pm - 3:00pm ET*
Thursday, September 21, 2023 12:00pm - 3:00pm ET
*We will hold Office Hours + Community Connection for 30 minutes after the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday sessions.
MATERIALS, PRE-WORK, AND BETWEEN SESSIONS
You will receive pre-training details both electronically and in hard copy. Agenda, bios, pre-reading, a technical guide for joining virtually, and additional logistics will be shared via email. The hard copy tools you'll use during the training will be sent to the shipping address you provide at registration. We will share some independent work, readings, and videos to prepare for the training. Light work will be assigned between sessions. Participants should plan for a combination of live learning on screen, small group participant discussion, and independent work before and between sessions.
PAYMENT AND FEES
For-Profit Domestic (U.S. only) - $2,550USD
Non-Profit Domestic (U.S. only) - $1,900USD
For-Profit International* - $2,900USD (Registration Closed. Please reach out to [email protected])
Non-Profit International* - $2,250USD (Registration Closed. Please reach out to [email protected])
Tuition includes the training, hard copy tools, electronic resources, and one full year of certification. After one year, your certification will auto-renew at a rate of $65 annually (you can opt out at any time). *International fees account for the increased cost of shipping, along with a standard VAT tax.
Due to increased shipping time, international registration closes 3 calendar weeks prior to the training date. Domestic registration closes 10 calendar days prior to the training date. We can sometimes accept last minute registrations domestically, however there is a $250 upcharge. If registration windows have passed and you would like to inquire about space, please email Community Engagement Director, Rich Polt at [email protected]. Space is limited and training is filled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
CANCELLATION AND MAKE-UPS
We understand life happens. If you cancel more than 60 days prior to training, your registration will be refunded in full. All cancellations within 60 days are non-refundable. We will try to take into account any extenuating circumstances that result in cancellation and may allow your fee to be applied to a future training within 12 months. We cannot guarantee fee postponement beyond 12 months of the originally planned training. If you have already received your materials in the mail prior to cancellation, 21/64 will deduct $250 from your refund.
All training sessions are live learning and are not available as recorded sessions for make-ups. In addition to the live facilitation in the main room there is small group work in breakout sessions that cannot be recorded. Please plan on attending all sessions for the full duration. If you miss a session, we’ll work with you to join one of our quarterly make-up classes so that you can complete your certification.
21/64 LEARNING COMMUNITY (OPTIONAL)
The 21/64 Learning Community is a community of Certified Advisors who want to deepen their learning and develop power in their practice. As a Certified Advisor who is part of the Community, you will have free access to a full complement of virtual Workshops and advisor gatherings throughout the year. Benefits include:
- Join all 21/64 Workshops at no additional cost
- Access Learning Community-only events
- Receive 20% discounts on next level trainings
- Receive 30% discounts on repeat 21/64 Approach trainings
- Serve as our thought partners when beta-testing new tools and ideating future programming
You can sign up for the Learning Community when you register below. To do so, there will be an additional fee of $300. After one year, your certification and Learning Community fee will auto-renew at a rate of $365 annually (you can opt out at any time).
If there’s anything you would like to discuss or if you have questions please don’t hesitate to reach out. We look forward to hearing from you!
Roy Kozupsky, Partner in Private Client Department of Moses & Singer, LLP
201 Training Participant
201 Training Participant
201 Training Participant