You can purchase the Updated and Expanded 2020 edition of Generation Impact through PorchLight, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and IndieBound.
If you prefer, it’s also available in audio format here.
For bulk and special sales, please contact [email protected] who can help you coordinate with Porchlight, our preferred vendor which also offers bulk sales discounts.
Yes, to hear interviews with Sharna and Michael go to the section, News & Reviews to read print interviews or listen to podcast interviews.
This Updated and Expanded edition includes new, practical resources designed to help those who work with next gen donors to engage with them in even more productive and effective ways – to help them become the sort of transformational donors we all need them to be in this pivotal time. Three Best Practice Guides offer targeted tips for key audiences – nonprofits and fundraisers, families, and advisors – and introduce new data and additional featured donors. A new Preface answers the most pressing questions asked by the thousands of readers already energized by Generation Impact, including what has changed in the world in recent years and how these influential emerging donors are responding.
Yes, the authors surveyed next gen donors in 2020 to discover how they responded to the crises through their personal and family resources. To download summaries of what they found in this survey, visit the Generation Impact Resource Page.
We have created resources that expand the research we conducted for Generation Impact and serve as tools to accompany your work:
- Building on the research and analysis presented in our book, we have created free best practice guides, which provide highly practical takeaways for nonprofits, families and advisors.
- For your book clubs, online groups and gatherings, we have created a free downloadable Discussion Guide. Unpack the insights of Generation Impact with others, and start putting your learning into action with this guide featuring additional commentary from the authors, discussion questions for each chapter and Next Steps exercises.
- Utilize Time Talent Treasure Ties to complement Generation Impact. Gain a deeper understanding of how to help donors consider their philanthropic resources (beyond just the financial) and make a plan to strategically allocate their resources to create impact.
- Sort through Exploring Next Gen Donors and start a discussion based on never-before-raised questions about yourself and others. Each question is designed to prompt an open-minded exploration and a constructive exchange.
- Check out the Generation Impact page on our website for an inside look at the featured donors, news and reviews, related resources and more!
Click here to check out our free resources.