Gen Impact Accelerator
Through our Generation Impact research, we have discovered that next gen donors prioritize making an impact. Given The Philanthropy Workshop’s (TPW) programmatic expertise on strategy and impact, in late 2018 we began having discussions on how we can incorporate their intensive curriculum on strategic philanthropy into our core services.
From our conversations with TPW, we discovered that we both have networks comprised of donors dedicated to achieving strategic impact and a values-aligned approach to change. We saw how together we might offer the field a more robust learning experience by leveraging 21/64’s focus on philanthropic identity, values clarification and visioning combined with TPW‘s emphasis on strategic philanthropy, focus on funding root causes and the belief that donors want to utilize all the tools at their disposal. Rather than duplicating efforts, we embarked on a journey to integrate our organizations’s programming and capitalize on this collaboration.
In 2020 and 2021 we are excited to create a programmatic alliance to serve today’s multigenerational philanthropic eco-system of grantmakers, impact investors, family philanthropists, foundation leadership and social investors.
ABOUT THE CONVENING
21/64 and TPW’s Gen Impact Accelerator is a meaningful learning and growth opportunity for people of all ages and stages of their philanthropic journey. This course is both for donors who are stepping into their roles and want to clarify their philanthropic identity as well as for donors with significant experience who want to focus on strategic giving. The Gen Impact Accelerator brings a fusion of experiential learning and purposeful skill building through the introduction of core frameworks, best practices, and benchmarking data.
This program, content, and community are all keenly designed for donors to align their values with their giving and consider how they want to allocate their time, talent, treasure and ties to make an impact. It offers a powerful way to build relationships with one another, develop a shared mindset and skillset, leveraging each other’s ideas and experience. Participants will leave with actionable next steps on strategic philanthropy and their role in it.
The purpose of this learning opportunity is to equip participants to become strategic changemakers.
This experience goes beyond the event itself and includes access to curated educational experiences about philanthropy and related issues. Our aim is to help expand and strengthen peer connections and inspire participants to take next steps in their journey.
October 11 - 13, 2020
London, United Kingdom
We aim to meet the following learning objectives over the arc of this convening:
- Clarify your philanthropic identity by examining the values and vision that drives your decision-making;
- Explore your role personally as a donor, role within your philanthropic structures with others, and in the broader field;
- Incorporate a strategic “roadmap” into your practice to give better and mobilize your resources for impact;
- Gain clarity on the ecosystem within which philanthropy operates and the levers of social change—political, social and economic forces—and understand how you can push these levers to help make a positive difference;
- Identify the next steps in your philanthropic journey and,
- Develop, expand and/or deepen your network of philanthropy and social change peers to exchange knowledge, practices and experiences.
Thanks to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for the support of 21/64’s strategic alliance with The Philanthropy Workshop to bring you this
Gen Impact Accelerator.
NextGenDonors Retreat Participant
NextGenDonors Retreat Participant