Erica V. Ekwurzel, MPAff, CFRE, Founder & Principal – Erica founded CivicAIM, to support philanthropists achieve dramatic results with confidence and clarity. CivicAIM is a facilitative consulting firm supporting strategic efforts of philanthropic organizations. We offer customized expertise and services that advance the mission-driven endeavors of our clients and serve as a way to inspire others to embrace civic impact. Over the last decade, Erica has been directly involved in a variety of capacities, such as philanthropic program officer, consultant, and professional facilitator, in founding, refining, and advancing philanthropic endeavors. Erica’s toolkit includes executive coaching, group facilitation and she enjoys engagements in the areas of strategic planning, organizational effectiveness, and process execution.
Relevant professional certifications and philanthropic, field-building affiliations include:
- Certificate on Strategic Management on Performance Measurement & Marketing, RGK Center for Philanthropy and Community Service at The University of Texas
The RGK Center supports the nonprofit sector with education, research and outreach by expanding the academic base for the growing study of policies and practices affecting nonprofits, and by contributing to national and international debates about the future of the philanthropic sector.
- Certified Multigenerational Philanthropy Advisor, 21/64 Facilitator
21/64 is a national network of trained and evidence-based certified philanthropic professionals poised to support multigenerational family and private philanthropy.
- National Network of Consultants to Grantmakers (NNCG), Full Member
NNCG is a network of ethical philanthropy consultants working to strengthen grantmaking foundations and increase their philanthropic impact.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE), License 50232
CFRE-International is an accredited organization certifying professionals aspiring to the highest standards of ethics, service, and competence to the philanthropic sector.
- The Curtis W. Meadow, Jr., Social Enterprise Fellows Program at the RGK Center for Philanthropy & Community Service, Advisor & Guest Lecturer
A program of the LBJ School of Public Affairs devoted to providing University of Texas graduate students with valuable experience working with nonprofit organizations and social enterprises working in the United States of America, Caribbean and Latin America.
- Coaching | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Engaging the Next Generation | Family Dynamics | Family Philanthropy | Fundraising and Donor Engagement | Governance and Succession Planning | Strategic Grantmaking
- 21/64 Approach Training | Talking About Money | Art of Facilitation