PJSF x 21/64 Board Leadership Course.
Dear Prospective Participant,
Nonprofit board participation is a big responsibility, and individuals joining boards for the first time can feel unprepared to adopt the role of board member with confidence. We are proud to announce that 21/64 has partnered with The Paul and Jenna Segal Foundation to create a course that empowers the next generation to serve as leaders, and to acquire the skills and know-how to be successful board members.
The course will be a fusion of experiential learning and purposeful skill building, designed to cultivate the next generation of board members who are well informed and trained to take on the role of board member effectively. Rather than reinventing the wheel by offering just another course pertaining to board governance, this course will layer on a critically important generational lens and allow next gen participants to find their voice and learn about their unique opportunity to lead.
Over the course of five consecutive weekly evening sessions, we will cover the hard and soft skills that are the cornerstones of board participation and leadership, including:
- Determining and Shaping Organizational Purpose and Vision
- Strategic Planning
- Finances and Fundraising
- Fiduciary, Legal, and Ethical Responsibilities
- Leveraging your Time, Talent, Treasure, and Ties on behalf of an organization
Throughout the course, we will hear from experienced board members, as well as leaders in fields ranging from strategic planning to finance and law to executive search processes – all with the aim of equipping you with the concrete knowledge and practical application you will need serve competently and with confidence.
Like our NextGenDonors and Grand Street Retreats, this experience goes beyond the course itself and includes access to our Next Gen Network, where you can access ongoing curated educational experiences. Our aim is to help expand and strengthen next gen donors’ peer connections and inspire participants to take the next steps on their leadership journey.
We hope to meet you in May. For more information or to find out if the Board Governance Course is for you, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
Five consecutive weekly evening sessions.
Thursday nights from May 24th – June 21st.
6 PM – 9 PM ET.
Dinner will be served.
Who Should Attend?
Millennials and Gen Xers currently serving or preparing to serve on a nonprofit board.
$1,800 participant fee.
$200 off for Grand Street and NextGenDonors Alumni.
- Clarify your motivational values and the institutional values you will look for in the organizations you serve;
- Acquire the skills and know how to be an effective board member;
- Learn about your unique opportunity as next gen board members to lead;
- Receive board placement support;
- Uncover ways to leverage the relationships built in 21/64’s community of #NextGenDonors to achieve your desired impact.
- An interactive learning experience;
- Tools and resources to support your journey;
- A roster of distinguished experts who will share their knowledge and experience;
- Peer discussion and networking opportunities;
- Access to ongoing curated educational experiences about giving and related issues concerning next gen donors.
About Our Host:
Located on Manhattan’s famous Museum Mile, the Jewish Museum is a welcoming cultural destination for visitors of all backgrounds and experiences, reaching 200,000 individuals across its artistic and cultural programming each year. The Museum was the first institution of its kind in the United States and today is the oldest existing Jewish museum in the world.