This training is designed specifically for Community Foundation professionals, including place-based and faith-based Community Foundations and Federations.
The 21/64 Approach Training and ongoing peer network helps you acquire the personal skills, generational awareness, and technical tools to work more effectively with next-generation funders and multigenerational family enterprise clients.
In this in-person training, taking place over two days in Cleveland, OH in October 2024, you will learn 21/64’s proven methodology for engaging individuals, families, and institutions at the intersection of values and governance. The program is specifically designed to help you more comfortably engage donors and clients in important and often complicated conversations, whether you are new to the field or a seasoned advisor adjusting to new modalities of engaging with clients.
Once you've completed the 21/64 Approach Training, you will become a 21/64 Certified Advisor, joining a global network of accredited professionals. You will also have the option of joining the 21/64 Learning Community with free access to continued skill building, next level trainings, the latest resources and tools, and more.
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
- Understand assumptions around family, wealth, and philanthropy
- Acquire fresh facilitation techniques for how to build engagement
- Apply group dynamics and group process skills
- Learn to facilitate 21/64 tools to have productive conversations on values, legacy, generational differences, and more
- Personal and professional development
- Acquire research and resources on engaging the next generation
- Interact in small groups and expand your network of community foundation professionals
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professionals at placed based and faith based community foundations and federations including:
- Philanthropic Advisors
- Development Professionals
- Endowment Directors
- Other roles within community foundations who support donor engagement
BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
The 21/64 approach is practiced worldwide and is today considered a best practice in the field of philanthropy and multifamily enterprise. As a Certified Advisor, you’re telling people that you lead with values and are equipped with the tools and methodology to teach others. Benefits of certification include:
- Add “21/64 Certified Advisor” to your credentials (signatures, LinkedIn profile, bio, etc.)
- Receive discounts on advanced trainings
- Enjoy significant discounts on all tools
- Tap into a global network of professionals on our proprietary social platform, 21/64 Connect.
- Access to the 21/64 Learning Community (see below)
- Complimentary post-training "Welcome to the Community" call
- Access to our annual Certified Advisor gathering (virtual), along with “pop-up” events, and online community conversations for continued practice and skill building
- Receive resources and the latest articles and research
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
21/64 is fully committed to meeting in the safest way possible. This is an in-person training; therefore COVID-19 protocols will be followed based on individual venues as well as local health department guidance at the time of the training. People may choose to mask at any time. We encourage participants to test, at home, prior to traveling to the training location.
Participants should plan for a combination of live learning in person, small group participant discussion, and independent work before and between sessions.
Live Learning (In Person in Cleveland, OH):
Tuesday, October 8, 2024, 8:30am/9:00am - 4:30pm ET
Wednesday, October 9, 2024, 8:30am/9:00am - 4:00pm ET
Pre-work and Between Sessions:
We will share some independent work, readings, and videos to prepare for the training.
Light work will be assigned between the sessions.
You will receive pre-training details electronically and hard materials once you arrive at the training. Agenda, pre-reading, and additional logistics will be shared via email and on 21/64 Connect.
Payment and Fees
- Non-Profit Professional & Independent Practitioner - $2,965
Tuition includes the training, hard copy tools, electronic resources, 21/64's shipping costs and one full year of certification. After one year, your certification will auto-renew at a rate of $65 annually (you can opt out at any time).
Space is limited and training is filled on a first-come first-serve basis. Please note registration closes Tuesday, September 24, 2024.
Cancellation and Make-ups
We understand life happens. If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the training, your registration will be refunded in full. All cancellations within 60 days are non-refundable. We will try to take into account any extenuating circumstances that result in cancellation and may allow your fee to be applied to a future training within 12 months. We cannot guarantee fee postponement beyond 12 months of the originally planned training.
All training sessions are live learning and are not be available as recorded sessions for make-ups. Please plan on attending all sessions for the full duration. If you miss a session, we’ll do our best to share what was covered but cannot guarantee receiving 21/64 Certification.
21/64 Learning Community (Optional)
The 21/64 Learning Community is a community of Certified Advisors who want to deepen their learning and develop power in their practice. As a Certified Advisor who is part of the Community, you will have free access to a full complement of virtual Workshops and advisor gatherings throughout the year. Benefits include:
- Join all 21/64 Workshops at no additional cost
- Access Learning Community-only events
- Receive 20% discounts on next level trainings
- Receive 30% discounts on repeat 21/64 Approach trainings
- Serve as our thought partners when beta-testing new tools and ideating future programming
You can sign up for the Learning Community when you register below. To do so, there will be an additional fee of $300. After one year, your certification and Learning Community fee will auto-renew at a rate of $365 annually (you can opt out at any time).
If there’s anything you would like to discuss or if you have questions please don’t hesitate to reach out. We look forward to hearing from you!
Roy Kozupsky, Partner in Private Client Department of Moses & Singer, LLP
201 Training Participant
201 Training Participant
201 Training Participant